Cataract Falls Covered Bridge, Indiana, USA.
The 148-foot wooden Cataract Falls Covered Bridge was built in 1876 at the Upper Falls of Mill Creek (formerly known as Eel River) and was open to automobile traffic until 1988. It now serves pedestrians. It was extensively repaired starting in 2000 and is the only remaining covered bridge in Owen County. The bridge was designed with a Smith's High Double Wood Truss (Smith Type 4), prefabricated in Toledo, Ohio and shipped disassembled for reassembly. Cataract Falls State Recreation Area is an hour southwest of Indianapolis, near Cloverdale, Indiana, USA.Add to Cart Add to Lightbox Download