Cataract Falls Covered Bridge interior; built 1876, repaired 2000. Indiana, USA.
The 148-foot wooden Cataract Falls Covered Bridge was built in 1876 at the Upper Falls of Mill Creek (formerly known as Eel River) and was open to automobile traffic until 1988. The bridge now serves pedestrians and was extensively repaired starting in 2000. It is the only remaining covered bridge in Owen County. Cataract Falls State Recreation Area is an hour southwest of Indianapolis, near Cloverdale, Indiana, USA. The bridge was designed with a Smith's High Double Wood Truss (Smith Type 4), prefabricated in Toledo, Ohio and shipped disassembled for reassembly. Nice autumn foliage colors glowed for this photo in mid October 2015.Add to Cart Add to Lightbox Download